Richard Ben-Veniste is a Washington legend. He has appeared more than 200 times on television and radio programs, including multiple appearances on Sunday morning news shows for ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, and Fox. Among his many distinctions, he has served on the 9/11 Commission, as the Chief Counsel (Minority) for the Senate Whitewater Committee, and as Chief of the Watergate Task Force for the Department of Justice. He is a partner at Mayer Brown in Washington, D.C.
Richard has devoted his life to exposing the abuses of power by those who wield it most. In his insightful memoir, The Emperor’s New Clothes: Exposing the Truth from Whitewater to 9/11, Ben-Veniste recounts a remarkable career spent in the pursuit of truth and accountability in the federal government. He touches on many of the topics he brings to audiences as a speaker, including:
• His emergence as a legal wunderkind who, at the age of 26, prepared the prosecution’s case in the bribery trial that helped “retire” the Speaker of the House John W. McCormack
• His appointment four years later to the role of Chief Counsel for the Watergate Task Force
• His work as counsel for the defense probing into the fiasco of the FBI sting known as Abscam
• Exposing the partisan agendas and attacks of the Senate Whitewater Committee
• Serving on the 9/11 Commission, during which he produced the most memorable episode of the hearings by inducing Condoleezza Rice to reveal the title of the memo, “Bin Laden Determined to Strike in U.S.”
Richard has had a truly legendary career in Washington, and shares his remarkable insight with groups across the country.
Check out Richard's profile at Mayer Brow's website
BOOK THIS SPEAKER
Hear Mr. Ben-Veniste recount his experience on this committee, what he thinks of today’s current international crisis, and his take on the Bush Administration’s handling of 9/11.My Story:
Mr. Ben-Veniste discusses his role in the 9/11 Commission, Watergate, Whitewater, and experiences in the world of Washington politics.
BOOK THIS SPEAKER